Queensland Country Health Fund Ltd (ABN 18 085 048 237), its registered businesses Territory Health Fund and Queensland Country Dental, its subsidiary Queensland Country Care Navigation Ltd (ABN 92 610 024 916) (‘we’, ‘us’, ‘our’) is bound by the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Privacy Act). This Policy contains information about how we deal with your personal information.
It is important for us to protect and keep your personal information, including your health information, secure and to keep your health information confidential. To achieve this, we are committed to complying with the requirements of the Privacy Act and APPs when we collect, hold and manage your personal information, that is, information that allows others to identify you.
Collection & use of personal information
We may collect and use personal information for several purposes, such as:
- performing the functions and activities related to our business including
- providing you with health insurance products and services
- processing your claims and paying your benefits
- referring qualifying Members for care navigation services
- for qualifying Members - arranging for the provision of health-related services and products on your behalf (care navigation service).
- Providing dental services to you through our dental practice including maintaining and administering your patient file(s)
- managing our relationship with you including by contacting you about our products and services (and those of Queensland Country Bank Limited), news or community events which we think may be of interest to you
- conducting market or customer satisfaction research.
- The payment of your premiums including whether you have paid on time, when payments are due and when actually paid.
We also collect and hold personal information as otherwise required by law.
We will notify you of the main reason for collecting your personal information at the time of collection.
How we collect personal information
In providing our services, we will collect personal information directly from you. We hold your personal information in either electronic or paper files.
From time to time, we will ask you to confirm your contact information.
What if you do not wish to provide us with information?
You may contact us anonymously to discuss our health insurance products and related services. If you do not give us the personal information we require, we may not be able to provide you with the private health insurance product you have applied for, information about benefit entitlements and limits, or to be able to process your claims, pay your benefits or provide other related services such as dental or care navigation.
Providing your personal information to other organisations
In providing our health insurance products and services to you, it may be necessary for us to disclose your personal information to other organisations. We only disclose your personal information to the extent necessary, to the extent required by law or as consented to by you. The types of organisations that we can disclose your personal information to are:
- hospitals, medical and ancillary service providers and other health insurers
- professional advisors
- regulatory bodies
- technology providers and mailing houses
- external service providers who the Health Fund engages from time to time to carry out, or advise on, its functions and activities
The Policy contains information about:
- how you can access your personal information
- how you can seek correction of that personal information
- how you may complain about a breach of the Australian Privacy Principles
- how we will deal with your complaint
Providing your personal information to overseas recipients
It is not likely that we will disclose your personal information to overseas recipients.
How to contact us
- in person at any Health Fund Retail Centre or Queensland Country Bank branch
- by calling us on
- 1800 813 415 - Queensland Country Health Fund
- 1800 623 893 - Territory Health Fund
- 1300 848 034 - Care Navigation
- by email to [email protected]
- our website at queenslandcountry.health/help-centre/contact-us
- in writing to: Privacy Officer, Queensland Country Health Fund Ltd, PO Box 42, Aitkenvale Qld 4814
Effective date: 27 July 2020, Version 5