As well as helping you to get well we want to help you to stay well. Therefore we have introduced benefits to encourage you to live a healthy lifestyle. The Healthy Living Benefit is covered under all extras policies and we will pay up to $150* per person per membership year to assist you to:
- Participate in your choice of weight management programs
- Participate in quit smoking programs
- Participate in other approved health management programs** including:
- Gym membership
- Personal training programs
- Aquatic exercise/rehabilitation including pool entry and exercise class (excludes swim classes/lessons)
- Have your skin checked for skin cancers through mole mapping
- Consultation fees for Diabetes Educator
- Consultation fees for metabolic dieticians and nutritionists when providing assistance with weight management
- Bowel screening tests and bone density tests (no doctors referral will be required)
- PSA test (one per year). We will cover a second yearly test not covered by Medicare.
* Benefit payable under Premium Extras. Please refer to the relevant product brochure to ascertain the benefit payable under your level of extras cover.
** To comply with private health insurance legislation you must have been referred by your health care professional to participate in a health management program to address, improve or prevent a specific health or medical condition. A Health Management Program Benefit Approval Form must accompany a claim for these benefits.