As well as helping you to get well we want to help you to stay well. Our Healthy Living benefits encourage you to live a healthy lifestyle, we will pay up to $150* per person per Membership Year (if you have Ultra Extras, a lower benefit amount applies for other extras products) to assist you to:
- Participate in your choice of weight management programs^
- Participate in quit smoking programs
- Participate in other approved health management programs* including:
- Gym Membership
- Personal Training programs
- Aquatic exercise/rehabilitation including pool entry and exercise classes (excludes swim classes/lessons)
- Have your skin checked for skin cancers (except when there is a Medicare benefit)
- Attend consultations for diabetes education
- Consult a metabolic dietitian or nutritionist to assist with weight management
- Undertake bowel screening tests and bone density tests (no doctors referral will be required)
- Undertake Prostate-Specific Antigen Test (one per year). We will cover a second yearly test not covered by Medicare.
- Supermarket tours conducted by a dietitian or other allied health professional qualified to provide nutrition advice
^Before enrolling in a weight management program please contact the Fund to clarify the eligibility to benefits.
* To comply with private health insurance legislation you must have been referred by your health care professional to participate in a health management program to address, improve or prevent a specific health or medical condition. A Health Management Program Benefit Approval Form must accompany a claim for these benefits.