Salt scrubs are one of the easiest home spa products to make, and are a great gift for someone you care about. With this easy salt scrub recipe, you can exfoliate your skin at home and have your own at home pamper time!
This is a nourishing food for skin recipe you can use as a messy body scrub or a bath soak.
- 1 cup fine Epsom salts
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup lavender buds
- 2 tbs of loose Rooibos tea leaves
- 1-2 drops of Vitamin E oil
- 1/4 dessicated coconut (optional)
- Combine ingredients together and use within two weeks. Keep below 25 degrees, so Darwin folks you may need to put it in the fridge (it will set hard – take it out 30mins before use).
Instructions for use
As a scrub
- Prepare to get messy!
- Apply to dry or wet skin in the shower using small handfuls and massage in a circular motion
- Avoid cracked or broken skin, eyes and lip area. Also avoid sensitive areas!
- Allow to sit on the skin and take the time to relax and enjoy the incredible smells. Light a candle, listen to music.
- Rinse off. It will leave an oily residue, which does soak in overnight and you shouldn’t wake up oily. Or wipe down with a towel afterwards.
As a bath soak
- Depending on your bath size you may need to use the entire recipe.
- Fill your bath with warm water and add the recipe.
- Soak for as long as you like. This is your time to relax and unwind. Light a candle, play some music or read a book.
This scrub makes a great gift idea: Place in a jar. Decorate the lid. Make up your own labels with instructions.